Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Who the EFF is Jeremy Scott!! (I know, do you?)








Relevance to modern life—and the modern fashion consumer—never seems to be at the forefront of Jeremy Scott's mind. He sees fashion more as an opportunity for cheeky social commentary (as in his)
—Janet Ozzard style.com

Look, fashion is filled with a million little people who are extremely important yet never get to see the limelight. This person is neither a little person, nor afraid of the limelight, however I dont think he is mentioned or profiled NEARLY enough. Bizzare is a staple of runway shows, but Jeremy Scott NEVER fails to push the limits and yet his pieces are unique/dope accents to anyones closet. Exhibit A:

JEREMY SCOTT web video thingy... Dir. NABIL from nabil elderkin on Vimeo.



Scott's stylings and designs have been perpetually labeled as lowbrow and avante garde, but arent these diametric terms? It is in his ready-to-wear juxtapositions that Scott pushes the All-American fashion affliction, we like flashy and fly, yet we're too scared to rock this stuff on any kind of regular basis.



I commend Scott for being overtly consistent in his seasonal lines, whether it be Spring Summer '10 or Fall '09 Mickey Mouse/50's inspiro! I dont care what anyone says; one or two of his pieces mixed into anyone's closet can be your consistent wardrobe exclamation point for those days that you just need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment